Monday, July 6, 2009

My Comcast Hell Continues....

It has been 3 days now and my Comcast Cable Internet is still down. I guess that gives me the right (and pleasure) to say that Comcast Technical Support sucks, as well as how they coordinate with their local dispatch units that handles installation and on-site troubleshooting.

The thing is, Comcast Call Centers are distributed in North America and most of their on-site technicians are contractors, even better, sub-contractors. lol. Earth to Comcast, please stop hiring and giving out contracts to clueless companies to render service to your poor customers.

And one more thing, in case you call in Comcast Technical Support Hotline, ask them to transfer you to their Call Center based in Tucson, Arizona because the guys there will help you. The rest are plain stupid, newbies, too old to do technical support jobs, or just completely clueless.

I was in a hurry to go home today so I can meet the Comcast tech guy at 6PM PST, as promised over the phone yesterday by another clueless Supervisor. So around 5:45PM PST they called me and I told them to wait for just at least 5 minutes, 8 minutest tops, because I am already on my way to my apartment walking, coming from the BART station.

You know what was the reply of the guy who called me representing Comcast?

"Sorry, but we cannot wait because we have other job orders pending today." And that was it.

OMFG. I have been patiently waiting for the past 3 days for them to restore my Internet service, and the freakin' on-site Tech Guys couldn't even wait for just 10 minutes for a customer who has been down for 3 days?!

How I wish Comcast Managers can read my post. You guys gave me a new definition for ultimate customer service FAIL.

Have a goodnight Comcast people.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Comcast here. We have read your post and I would like to apologize for the poor experience we created and that you are experiencing service problems. Thank you for reaching out and making us aware. We appreciate the opportunity to set this right. Please email us at the address below. We'll see your concerns are addressed.

    Kind Regards,
    Melissa Mendoza
    Comcast Customer Connect
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com
    @ComastMelissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Comcast Melissa:

    Thank you, it was resolved on the 4th day, finally. I appreciate the gesture. Are you Stateside or based overseas?

    ReplyDelete

A playground for network security enthusiasts, innovators and early adoptors


Welcome to my blog, this is me thinking out loud about Voice over IP security (VoIP), managing and optimizing converged networks, Metasploit Framework, Cloud Computing, general security and privacy concerns, grappling adventures, and tuning my MKIV VW Jetta.

All inputs, feedbacks and violent reactions are welcome.

Packet Boy Perseus
Helping spread a positive image why we hack things.

About Me

I am an InfoSec Innovator, a Blue Ocean Seafarer and a Paul Graham Pupil.